AKA F@$! You...

To all the flaky people in my life
This one is for you
You think I don’t know who you are
So sorry, but I didn’t get fooled.

For the times you did pretend
To be my friend
Taking as much as you could.
For the times you wished me ill
Secretly hoping
I’d fall to the ground as you stood.

For the hidden hopes
You harbored within
For me to give up and fail
For taking all you could
By sucking me dry
For your own entertainment and gain.

For all the lies you spread about me
Swearing to the world its true,
For all the gains you used me for
I still gave as I saw through.

I’m really not half as stupid or blind
As you like to believe is true
I choose to keep giving, hoping and forgiving
The insecurities that you’ve been reduced to.

I’ve obviously done something right in my life
To have made it so relevant to yours.
Thanks for your efforts, I’m way stronger now
May your life find real purpose, a true cause.


©RAMONA ARENA 2013

4 comments:

  1. Hmmm what ails your spirit so much Madam to let your heart vent itself out with these words?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sometimes, the lesser said directly, the better... ;)

      Delete
    2. On a public forum, yes the lesser said directly, the better. But people don't change, do they whether we vent or not? But they would have lost you when they hurt you to this extent.

      Delete
  2. It is only we who get hurt, those who hurt carry on because they never analyse their actions, it is only we who suffer because we care too much.

    ReplyDelete